Connect with us

News

China launches online visa process for Lankans

Published

on

The Chinese Embassy in Sri Lanka will officially launch the “China Visa Online Application System” from June 30, 2025, the embassy spokesman said.

The spokesman in a statement explaining the new process said the applicants can visit the websitehttps://consular.mfa.gov.cn/VISA/ to fill out the visa application form online, upload the required documents, and the application will enter the preliminary review phase.

The applicants will have to handover their passports physically when the status of the order changes into “Passport to be submitted”,

The passport should be submitted along with other necessary documents and biometric information.

“If approved, the applicant is required to visit the Chinese Embassy again to collect the passport and visa and pay visa fees,” the spokesman said.

Applicants need to create an account for the online visa application, though only email registration is supported at present.

The online preliminary review takes about 1-3 working days, and the review after submitting the passport takes 3-4 working days.

“Submitting an application too early (e.g. 1 month or more in advance) may cause a backlog in the visa system and may not be processed in a timely manner. It is recommended to apply for a visa two or three weeks in advance,” the spokesman said.

Both normal and express visa processing services will have the same time for preview.

The new system is only applicable to visas for mainland China. Applicants who are eligible to apply for Hong Kong and Macao visas at our Embassy still submit their application documents to the Embassy in the original way, the spokesman said.



Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Opp. alleges CIABOC tool in govt.’s hands

Published

on

GL

An opposition grouping alleged yesterday (18) that the Commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery or Corruption (CIABOC) had become a political tool in the hands of the JVP/NPP to suppress the Opposition both in and outside Parliament.

Former Minister Prof. G. L. Peiris accused the CIABOC of fabricating cases against political opponents by manipulating those summoned. He tore into the institution, alleging that it drove people to suicide.

Addressing the media at the former President Ranil Wickremesinghe’s Flower Road office, Prof. Peiris alleged that former SriLankan Airlines CEO, Kapila Chandrasena, had been a victim of that despicable strategy. Director General of CIABOC, ex-High Court Judge Ranga Dissanayake, had warned Chandrasena of dire consequences unless the latter fully cooperated with the Commission, Prof. Peiris said.

Prof. Peiris emphasised the responsibility on the part of all concerned to examine Chandrasena’s affidavit regarding the intervention made by the Director General.

Chandrasena committed suicide while being on bail in connection with an investigation into the alleged USD 2 mn bribe to facilitate an Airbus deal during the second term of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.

Prof. Peiris alleged that the CIABOC Director General had taken control of the Commission and was pursuing an agenda inimical to the law. (SF)

Continue Reading

News

Over 5,000 military personnel promoted to coincide with 17th anniversary of victory over terrorism

Published

on

In line with the 17th National War Heroes’ Commemoration Day, which falls on 19 May, a total of 5,289 Tri Service personnel have been granted promotions to their next respective ranks in recognition of their dedicated service rendered to the nation, the Defence Ministry announced.

The National War Heroes’ Commemoration Day is commemorated annually on 19 May to honour and appreciate the invaluable sacrifices and exemplary service of members of the Tri Forces who contributed immensely towards restoring peace and safeguarding the sovereignty of the motherland.

Accordingly, these promotions have been awarded, based on the recommendations of the respective Service Commanders, and in accordance with the established administrative procedures of the Tri Forces.

Continue Reading

News

Inclement weather: Kalutara District worst affected

Published

on

Kalutara is the worst affected district due to the prevailing adverse weather conditions. According to the Disaster Management Centre (DMC) of approximately 200 houses partially damaged so far, about 90% are in the Kalutara district.

DMC said that 22 houses had been damaged in the Ratnapura District, 14 in the Galle District, 4 in the Moneragala District, 25 in the Batticaloa District, 5 in the Colombo District, 4 in the Jaffna District, 25 in the Gampaha District, 2 in the Hambantota District, 2 in the Anuradhapura District, 5 in the Mannar District, and 2 in the Trincomalee District..

One house was destroyed in the Ratnapura District.

The DMC further stated that 1,582 families had been affected by the inclement weather.

The affected families are in 66 Divisional Secretariat divisions across the country.

Accordingly, a total of 5,267 individuals from 1,582 families have been impacted by adverse weather, according to the statement issued by the Centre.

Continue Reading

Trending