Connect with us

News

Online applications open for 1,500 renovation jobs in Israel 

Published

on

The Sri Lanka Bureau of Foreign Employment (SLBFE) has opened online applications for 1,500 skilled worker vacancies in Israel’s construction sector, SLBFE said.This latest recruitment drive, part of the fourth phase targeting Israel’s renovation sub-sector, is aimed at filling positions for general renovation workers, ceramic tilers, and plasterers. Successful applicants will receive a 63-month employment contract (over five years), making it one of the most extensive foreign job opportunities currently on offer through the SLBFE.

Applications must be submitted online via the Bureau’s official website www.slbfe.lk) by September 14, 2025, with no provision for manual or third-party submissions.

According to the SLBFE, applicants must: Be Sri Lankan citizens aged 25 to 45; Not have worked in Israel previously; Have passed at least Grade 10; and Possess verifiable skills and experience in their respective trades.

The selection process will be transparent and merit-based, beginning with an online application. Shortlisted candidates will face a skills assessment conducted by the National Apprenticeship and Industrial Training Authority (NAITA) at district level, followed by a final evaluation at NAITA’s Katubedda facility.

The final list of qualified candidates will be submitted to Israel’s Population and Immigration Authority (PIBA), which will carry out a computerized lottery to make the final selection.

Warning Against Middlemen

In a strong advisory, the SLBFE has warned the public to avoid unlicensed agents and touts.

“The entire application process is completely free and must be done through our official online system. Paying or soliciting payments for these government-approved jobs is illegal,” the Bureau stated.

The SLBFE emphasized that this recruitment initiative is fully managed by the governments of Sri Lanka and Israel to ensure fairness and eliminate exploitation.



Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Opp. alleges CIABOC tool in govt.’s hands

Published

on

GL

An opposition grouping alleged yesterday (18) that the Commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery or Corruption (CIABOC) had become a political tool in the hands of the JVP/NPP to suppress the Opposition both in and outside Parliament.

Former Minister Prof. G. L. Peiris accused the CIABOC of fabricating cases against political opponents by manipulating those summoned. He tore into the institution, alleging that it drove people to suicide.

Addressing the media at the former President Ranil Wickremesinghe’s Flower Road office, Prof. Peiris alleged that former SriLankan Airlines CEO, Kapila Chandrasena, had been a victim of that despicable strategy. Director General of CIABOC, ex-High Court Judge Ranga Dissanayake, had warned Chandrasena of dire consequences unless the latter fully cooperated with the Commission, Prof. Peiris said.

Prof. Peiris emphasised the responsibility on the part of all concerned to examine Chandrasena’s affidavit regarding the intervention made by the Director General.

Chandrasena committed suicide while being on bail in connection with an investigation into the alleged USD 2 mn bribe to facilitate an Airbus deal during the second term of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.

Prof. Peiris alleged that the CIABOC Director General had taken control of the Commission and was pursuing an agenda inimical to the law. (SF)

Continue Reading

News

Over 5,000 military personnel promoted to coincide with 17th anniversary of victory over terrorism

Published

on

In line with the 17th National War Heroes’ Commemoration Day, which falls on 19 May, a total of 5,289 Tri Service personnel have been granted promotions to their next respective ranks in recognition of their dedicated service rendered to the nation, the Defence Ministry announced.

The National War Heroes’ Commemoration Day is commemorated annually on 19 May to honour and appreciate the invaluable sacrifices and exemplary service of members of the Tri Forces who contributed immensely towards restoring peace and safeguarding the sovereignty of the motherland.

Accordingly, these promotions have been awarded, based on the recommendations of the respective Service Commanders, and in accordance with the established administrative procedures of the Tri Forces.

Continue Reading

News

Inclement weather: Kalutara District worst affected

Published

on

Kalutara is the worst affected district due to the prevailing adverse weather conditions. According to the Disaster Management Centre (DMC) of approximately 200 houses partially damaged so far, about 90% are in the Kalutara district.

DMC said that 22 houses had been damaged in the Ratnapura District, 14 in the Galle District, 4 in the Moneragala District, 25 in the Batticaloa District, 5 in the Colombo District, 4 in the Jaffna District, 25 in the Gampaha District, 2 in the Hambantota District, 2 in the Anuradhapura District, 5 in the Mannar District, and 2 in the Trincomalee District..

One house was destroyed in the Ratnapura District.

The DMC further stated that 1,582 families had been affected by the inclement weather.

The affected families are in 66 Divisional Secretariat divisions across the country.

Accordingly, a total of 5,267 individuals from 1,582 families have been impacted by adverse weather, according to the statement issued by the Centre.

Continue Reading

Trending