Connect with us

News

Colombo City Centre Celebrates Fourth Anniversary

Published

on

Colombo City Centre marked its fourth anniversary on 19th September with an exciting line-up of events. CCC saw a record number of visitors over the anniversary weekend. Droves of visitors enjoyed quality family time and availed themselves of the anniversary specials offered by the retailers. Titled ‘4th Jubilation’ to denote an exuberant four years, CCC’s fourth-anniversary celebrations took on a festive atmosphere. The official cake-cutting ceremony, attended by tenants and CCC Management, and the felicitation of tenants, for their service at CCC outlets over the past four years, were the focus events.

The weekend (September 17th and 18th) leading up to the anniversary, featured a lucky draw through which four winners were selected every four hours in keeping with the ‘4th Jubilation’ theme. The winners were awarded their prizes during the grand ceremony held on Monday, September 19, 2022. Shoppers enjoyed a scrumptious Sunday lunch at Playtrix on the 18th of September while being serenaded by jazz music, courtesy of En Route. Furthermore, all ladies received free dessert at Playtrix on Sunday afternoon. As a part of the anniversary celebrations, many retailers offered special discounts to shoppers which were valid through the anniversary weekend.

CCC has always gone the extra mile to celebrate its junior visitors. During the anniversary weekend, a range of exciting themed activities kept kids who visited the mall actively amused. The creative activities hosted by CCC’s Kids Craft Village are a case in point. From kids’ favourites like Hopscotch, Storytime, Kids’ Craft and even an Obstacle Course, the weekend was packed with fun activities that kept kids happily engaged throughout the weekend. The special 30-minute city roundtrip bus tour, that took place on both Saturday and Sunday, was a resounding success.

CCC’s fourth-anniversary celebrations put into perspective many of its milestones from being the first ever mall of international standards where Sri Lankan families could enjoy quality time together to a collaboration with a top international hotel brand, Marriott Hotels, culminating in the ‘The Courtyard by Marriott’ soon to open at CCC.

Releasing a statement on their fourth milestone, Colombo City Centre’s Chief Operating Officer, Hirushka Fernando said, “We are delighted to have reached this milestone, despite the crushing pandemic, economic turmoil and social unrest, and are really happy to be able to celebrate it with our valued partners.” He added that CCC looks forward to continuing to build on these strong relationships in the future. Follow CCC social spaces to find out more about other exciting events and attractive offers at CCC.



Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Colombo Chief Magistrate orders CID to produce chief suspect in Omani human trafficking case

Published

on

By AJA Abeynayaka

Colombo Chief Magistrate Nandana Amarasinghe on Thursday further remanded, until 13 December, four persons involved in the Omani human trafficking case.Out of them, two were two associates of Mohommad Rishmi, the main suspect in the case and had operated foreign employment agencies. Amarasinghe also further remanded two others who had introduced women to these agencies.

The Chief Magistrate also cancelled the bail of Asha Dissanayaka, who was the translator attached to a foreign employment agency and remanded her till 13 December as well. She had been granted bail on 21 November.

Amarasinghe asked the CID and the Department of Prisons to present Mohommad Rishmi before his court. Rishmi is currently detained at the Negombo Prison and the case against him is being heard at the Negombo Magistrate’s Courts.

Lawyers appearing for the victims told the court that the wife of Balakrishnan, a foreign employment agency owner who is also the main associate of Rishmi, had taken passports from 16 women who returned from Oman and demanded Rs. 500,000 each for returning them.

Continue Reading

News

Paddy cultivation going at a pace 636,348 hectares out of 851,043 already sown

Published

on

By Ifham Nizam

The Department of Agrarian Services development yesterday said that 636,348 hectares of paddy fields have already been cultivated in the 25 districts by end of the November this year.Paddy and maize cultivations have been damaged in Anuradhapura district due to the lack of rain, and by the destructive Sena caterpillars that have returned.

The Ministry requests to follow the instructions given by the Department of Agriculture for Integrated Pest ManagementPaddy cultivation in the 2022/23 Maha season has already started. As indicated by the Ministry of Agriculture, the total amount of paddy fields expected to be cultivated this year is 851,043 hectares.

The Department of Agricultural Development says that the total amount of paddy land that has been sown or planted and only the basic land preparation for rice cultivation has been done as of yesterday i.e. 636,348 hectares.Paddy cultivation has started this year with the aim of cultivating 100 percent of the paddy fields cultivated with rain water, as well as from water obtained from the Mahaweli, major irrigation and minor irrigation systems.

Agriculture Minister Mahinda Amaraweera held a discussion with all the provincial agriculture secretaries and governors yesterday asking them to take the necessary steps to cultivate all the available paddy lands in the country.

During the discussion, it was emphasized that due to the lack of rain in the Anuradhapura district, maize cultivation has been damaged in many areas and the damage caused by the Sena caterpillar is again rising in the island.Also, the fuel required for rice cultivation is provided to the farmers without any shortage all over the island without any problem. Of the 10.06 million litres of fuel donated by the Chinese government to this country, 6.89 million litres are to be given to the farmers during the harvest. Minister instructed the officials to take steps to provide them free of charge.

Continue Reading

News

STF to be tasked with tackling growing drug and underworld menaces

Published

on

by PRIYAN DE SILVA

Secretary to the Ministry of Public Security S. Hettiarachchi told journalists that more personnel from the Special Task Force (STF) would be deployed to curb the drug menace and underworld activities.

Hettiarachchi said that the drug menace was escalating and more and more schoolchildren were falling prey to unscrupulous drug dealers. He called upon teachers to be more vigilant about the behaviour of their charges and parents too to pay greater attention to their children and those they associate with.

Hettiarachchi said that school authorities should engage the services of prefects, cadets and scouts or girl guides to be more vigilant about their school mates and added that if the need arose the STF would be deployed to conduct spot checks as well.

He said that it was intended to recruit 600 more personnel to the STF and also reduce STF presence at prisons in Colombo, Angunukolapelessa and Boossa as well as the Southern Expressway and instead to deploy them to eradicate the drug menace and the underworld.

Continue Reading

Trending