Connect with us

News

US: Paul Pelosi undergoes surgery for skull fracture after home attack

Published

on

ANI:Paul Pelosi, the husband of US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi who a male assailant attacked on Friday morning, has undergone surgery for a skull fracture and other severe injuries to his right arm and hands, CNN reported citing a statement released by Speaker Nancy Pelosi.The US House Speaker also expressed gratitude and thanked people for the outpouring of support and prayers following the deadly attack on Paul Pelosi.

“Paul Pelosi underwent surgery Friday “to repair a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands,” a statement released by Speaker Nancy Pelosi said.

Moreover, Deputy Chief of Staff and spokesperson Drew Hammill, added: “The Pelosi family is immensely grateful to Mr Pelosi’s entire medical team and the law enforcement officers who responded to the assault.”

Paul Pelosi is expected to make a full recovery, it read, CNN reported.Meanwhile, US President Joe Biden described the attack on Pelosi’s husband as “despicable.”

“This is despicable. There’s no place in America — there’s too much violence, political violence. Too much hatred. Too much vitriol,” Biden told a fundraising dinner Friday in Philadelphia.

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre in an official statement condemned the attack against Paul Pelosi and said that the prayers are with Speaker Pelosi’s whole family.She further stated that the US President is also praying for Paul Pelosi and also had a morning call with House Speaker Pelosi to express his support after this horrible attack.

“The President is praying for Paul Pelosi and for Speaker Pelosi’s whole family. This morning he called Speaker Pelosi to express his support after this horrible attack. He is also very glad that a full recovery is expected. The President continues to condemn all violence and asks that the family’s desire for privacy be respected,” the official statement read.

US Vice President Kamala Harris also had a call with Nancy Pelosi after Pelosi’s husband, Paul, was attacked with a hammer at the couple’s home in San Francisco. She called the attack an “act of extreme violence,” CNN reported.US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul Pelosi, was attacked with a hammer on Friday morning in their home in San Francisco. The attacker was a male assailant who also tried to tie up Pelosi’s husband during the attack as the attacker was waiting for Nancy to arrive home.According to analysts, the US speaker is second in line to become the US President after the Vice President in case the President is incapacitated.



Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Embassy officer arrested at BIA remanded

Published

on

By

The Embassy official who was attached to the Sri Lanka Embassy in Oman who is accused of being involved in a human trafficking racket was arrested by officers of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and remanded till the 13th of December when he was produced before the Colombo Chief Magistrate

The official was arrested on his arrival at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) this morning (29 November).

Continue Reading

News

Easter Sunday terror attack suspect hacked to death

Published

on

By Norman Palihawadane

A 38-year-old Easter Sunday terror attack suspect was hacked to death yesterday morning (28) in Mattakkuliya.

The victim, Mohamed Badurdeen Mohamed Harnas, was a resident of Safiya Avenue, Mattakkuliya, police said.

A suspect in the Easter Sunday terror attacks, he had been released on bail.

The suspect was rushed to the National Hospital, Colombo, after three individuals, who arrived in a car around 10. 00 am, attacked him.

Two persons attacked the man while the other was keeping the car engine running, according to eyewitnesses. The attackers thereafter fled in the same car.

Harnas was pronounced dead on admission to hospital.

Further investigations in this regard are currently underway.

The victims family members said that Harnas had been taken into custody, following the 2019 Easter Sunday attacks, but later released as there was no evidence of his involvement in terrorist activities.

Continue Reading

News

Rail service between Mahawa and Jaffna to be suspended for five months

Published

on

Transport Minister Bandula Gunawardena told Parliament yesterday that the railway services between Mahawa and Jaffna will be suspended for a period of five months in 2023.

The Minister said that operations will be suspended from January 15, 2023.

The Minister said it was to repair work on the railway line.

He said so in response to a question raised by Vanni District MP Selvam Adaikalanathan.

“We are focusing our attention on the request made by you. We have to halt railway operations between Mahawa and Jaffna for five months from January 2023. Train services have been continuously operating to Jaffna, but now we have faced a situation as we have not been able to carry out any repair work thus far,” the Minister said.

Assuring that this issue can be rectified in five months, Minister Gunawardane said that, thereafter, a good railway service can be provided for this route.

Continue Reading

Trending