Connect with us

News

Australian HC visits NAITA for launch of Supreme Chef Season 3

Published

on

The Supreme Chef Season 3 Youth Edition which is a trademarked initiative of the Skills for Inclusive Growth program (S4IG) with support from the Australian Government, aims to promote culinary arts among Sri Lankan youth as a rewarding and successful career option for professional growth and higher income earning employment within the tourism industry. It emphasizes opportunities for both men and women to secure higher paid jobs as well as showcasing Sri Lankan cuisine and the country’s culinary prowess. This is a tourism promotion initiative in which we can celebrate the diversity of Sri Lanka through its food and culinary delights.

The program will also raise awareness about local food and ingredients that support improved nutrition and showcase the use of locally sourced produce including the destinations where these ingredients come from. At the NAITA Training Center Auditorium in Rajagiriya, the Supreme Chef Season 03 was officially unveiled by the Australian High Commissioner Paul Stephens. Under the guidance of the pre-eminent Chefs Guild of Sri Lanka this reality show experience in the form of an organized challenge brings under the spotlight Sri Lanka’s tourism industry through food experiences and culinary art challenges.



Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Embassy officer arrested at BIA remanded

Published

on

By

The Embassy official who was attached to the Sri Lanka Embassy in Oman who is accused of being involved in a human trafficking racket was arrested by officers of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) and remanded till the 13th of December when he was produced before the Colombo Chief Magistrate

The official was arrested on his arrival at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) this morning (29 November).

Continue Reading

News

Easter Sunday terror attack suspect hacked to death

Published

on

By Norman Palihawadane

A 38-year-old Easter Sunday terror attack suspect was hacked to death yesterday morning (28) in Mattakkuliya.

The victim, Mohamed Badurdeen Mohamed Harnas, was a resident of Safiya Avenue, Mattakkuliya, police said.

A suspect in the Easter Sunday terror attacks, he had been released on bail.

The suspect was rushed to the National Hospital, Colombo, after three individuals, who arrived in a car around 10. 00 am, attacked him.

Two persons attacked the man while the other was keeping the car engine running, according to eyewitnesses. The attackers thereafter fled in the same car.

Harnas was pronounced dead on admission to hospital.

Further investigations in this regard are currently underway.

The victims family members said that Harnas had been taken into custody, following the 2019 Easter Sunday attacks, but later released as there was no evidence of his involvement in terrorist activities.

Continue Reading

News

Rail service between Mahawa and Jaffna to be suspended for five months

Published

on

Transport Minister Bandula Gunawardena told Parliament yesterday that the railway services between Mahawa and Jaffna will be suspended for a period of five months in 2023.

The Minister said that operations will be suspended from January 15, 2023.

The Minister said it was to repair work on the railway line.

He said so in response to a question raised by Vanni District MP Selvam Adaikalanathan.

“We are focusing our attention on the request made by you. We have to halt railway operations between Mahawa and Jaffna for five months from January 2023. Train services have been continuously operating to Jaffna, but now we have faced a situation as we have not been able to carry out any repair work thus far,” the Minister said.

Assuring that this issue can be rectified in five months, Minister Gunawardane said that, thereafter, a good railway service can be provided for this route.

Continue Reading

Trending