Talks between Mahinda and President’s proxies fail
Possible pact ahead of LG, PC pollsJanuary 22, 2017, 12:00 pm
Former President and Kurunegala District MP Mahinda Rajapaksa has indicated that there couldn’t be a consensus between his grouping and the SLFP under the present circumstances.
Former President Rajapaksa has declared that his grouping wouldn’t accept any arrangement at the expense of the party against the backdrop of the SLFPers in government pursuing an agenda inimical to the party.
The SLFP-led Joint Opposition comprises nearly 50 elected members of parliament whereas the parliamentary group loyal to President Maithripala Sirisena is comparatively smaller. Recently Priyankara Jayaratne quit President Sirisena’s camp.
The former president reiterated his position at a meeting with Chief Ministers of six SLFP led UPFA run Provincial Councils at his official residence at Wijerama Mawatha yesterday.Read More...
- Kandy experiences showers
- Stolen goods recovered from burglar
- Five year old dies of burn injuries
- Order to remove crocs from Koggala lagoon, Madu Ganga
- 100 million Indians flew within the country last year - a record!
- We cannot allow Jallikattu since matter is in courts, Modi to TN CM
- UNIVOTEC concept should be preserved and further developed
- Await Hot News
- Await Breaking News
Last Updated Jan 22 2017 | 09:25 pm